16 reasons why Christmas is already here:
- The Grafton Street lights are up and already switched on.
- Starbucks has its Christmas beverages out and the red cups are already here.
- Brown Thomas has revealed its Christmas windows.
- Jack Frost is well and truly nipping at our toes as temperatures dropped by an astounding 18 °C at the start of November, although they have bounced back a bit since.
- Miracle on 34th Street was on Sky2 last weekend.
- Tesco has their selection boxes on sale since August 31st.
- Coca-Cola has rolled out their annual Santa-themed products. Who wants to “Share a coke with Rudolph”?
- The John Lewis Christmas Advert is on TV screens now.
- Pennys are already running out of Christmas jumpers.
- The constant radio ads for booking your Christmas party have begun.
- The Funky Christmas Jumper Pop Up Shop is now open on South William Street.
- The Brown Thomas Christmas store has been open for all your decoration needs since August.
- Christmas cards are on sale for weeks now.
- Tickets for The Gaiety’s Christmas Panto, Peter Pan, are on sale.
- Tins upon tins of Roses, Celebrations and Quality Street can’t be missed upon entering any Dunnes, Tesco or Supervalu.
- Christmas markets are opening on St Stephens Green this week.
I got the opinion of many facebookers to see if they felt that the hype about Christmas is starting too early, while Leah Louise King,Jennifer McDonald and Orla Stafford took to the streets of Dublin with their video camera.